Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So much going on!!!!!

It's been crazy busy around here for months!! I've had several large commissions to finish, new patterns to design and print and assorted teaching gigs. Chicago Quilt Festival was this past weekend and is always stressful to get ready for! I finished my new patterns and mailed them to my printer 150 miles away and they didn't get there for 8 days. By then we were close to the day I had to leave for Chicago so I had to drive to Nebraska to pick them up and then fold all day when I was getting ready to leave. Not my favorite way to arrive at a show.
Nice surprise in Chicago, Barbara Willis and Betts Vidal were there too and we had SO much fun catching up. It's been years since I've seen them and we just picked up where we left off then. Such fun! Show was definitely down from previous years but it could have been much worse!!!!
I'm taking a break in May and going to NYC for a couple of weeks of play, theatre, shopping and a little teaching. I'll be teaching my new Bird of Paradise at the City Quilter on May 16 and 17th. In June I'm going to be in the Seattle area while my husband has a business trip there. Haven't put a class together so if you or any of your friends would like to organize something, just let me know.
Happy Dollmaking,
Julie mc

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie--

Are you going to have a chance to viist Mom or Bernette while you and Rod are in Seattle? Claire

Linda Walsh said...

Hi, Julie,

You have been chosen for The Bryum Spiritual Art Award. This award means "You make a difference ... I know, because you have for me!" Thanks you for being such a creative and inspirational doll artist. Please visit my Linda's Blog ( http://lindawalshoriginals.blogspot.com/2009/06/byrum-spiritual-art-award.html )for your award. Have a wonderful day.

Linda

Legitimate Work From Home said...

Its great i appreciate with your project u just keep going with the same rethem.

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Julie,

I'm so glad I found you. Love your dolls, they are so fun and colorful with a whimsical touch. I hope you post more so I can come back and see what your up to. God bless. cathy